Using MxManagementCenter, you can access cameras from different locations. For example, you can
monitor the cameras at home over the local area network (LAN) or while on the move via a
preconfigured DynDNS access over the Internet. These two methods require the use of different
network access data. To avoid having to change the network access data every time, you can set up
different network environments for the corresponding network access data in MxManagementCenter.
Switching to a different environment causes the network address data for connecting to the cameras
to be switched automatically.
See also: Working In Different Network Environments
Creating and Managing Environments
- Click on in the Header bar. The Projects
and Network Environments dialog opens.
Program call: Projects and Network Environments
- Click on Environment and then on . This adds an environment with the name "New Environment". Assign a suitable name.
Changing Names and Deleting Environments
- Open the Network Environments dialog box.
- Editing names: Click on . Highlight the name and overwrite it.
- Deleting environments: Click on next to the environment you want to delete. Click on the red Delete box to the right of the environment.
Configuring Network Data for each Environment
- To set network data, open the Camera Configuration dialog. To do this, either right-click on the individual cameras in the Camera bar or open the Edit mode in the Device bar and right-click on the individual cameras. The Camera Configuration dialog opens.
Program call: Camera Configuration
- Environment: Shows the current network environment. After starting the program for the first time, it shows the standard environment. All existing network environments are shown in the blue bar. Click on the environment you want to use. Next, perform the required network settings for this environment.
- Background alarm calls: Specify whether a permanent event stream connection to the camera should be established in the selected environment or not. You can deactivate this option if a permanent event stream connection is not required or even unwanted (when using MxMC in low-bandwidth networks, for example). If this option has been deactivated, the application will only open an event stream connection if necessary, such as for showing the live stream of the camera or recordings via the camera. In this case, alarms will only show for this camera, while the connection has been established.
- Remote: Only activate this option if you want to access the camera from a remote location (e.g., via DynDNS).
- SSL: If you rather want to use an encrypted connection for the selected environment, activate this option (recommended setting). Note that HTTPS needs to be activated on the camera (in the browser in Admin Menu > Network Configuration > Web Server > HTTPS Settings).
- Bandwidth: Select the bandwidth to use for this environment:
HiRes: The images are transferred using the settings made in the camera.
LoRes: Images are delivered at the frame rate, resolution and image quality as defined in the Program Settings for LoRes.
Copyright © 2019 MOBOTIX AG. All rights reserved.