Setting Up Camera Groups
You can combine individual cameras into camera groups. For example, you can combine all cameras situated on the same floor in one group. This allows checking on entire surveillance areas at one glance and – in case of an alarm, you are quicker to access the relevant cameras.
Creating Camera Groups
- Open the edit mode in the Device bar by clicking on at the bottom of the bar. Next, click on . The Add and Import dialog opens.
Program call: Device Bar
- Click on . The Group Configuration dialog opens.
- Enter a group name and – if desired – add an image or an icon that will be used to represent the group in the group bar later on. To do so, click on the gray field and select one of the pre-defined icons. If you want to use one of your own images, click on Custom.
- Add a background image: Move the slider to the right until you reach the position. Click on the arrow in the gray field and select the file with the background image (for example, ground or floor plan).
- You can add an information page to a camera group in order to show special instructions for this camera group, for example. Move the slider to the right until you reach the position. Click on the arrow in the gray field and select the file you want to use.
- Grid Tiles Bandwidth Limits If a very large number of cameras is displayed in the Grid view, the performance may decline. To avoid this, you can limit the frame rate of the live images within the grid frames. Note that this limit does not apply to the camera displayed in the focus window.
Use ONVIF LoRes Profile: Use this checkbox to limit the frame rate for MOBOTIX MOVE cameras and for third-party cameras that provide an ONVIF S-compatible interface. If the checkbox is enabled, the settings for the live images in the tiles captured in the Bandwidth Settings as the LoRes profile for these cameras will be used.
- Close the dialog once you have completely filled in the data in the dialog.
Then deactivate the edit mode of the device bar by clicking on .
Adding Cameras to a Camera Group
Setting The Group View Layout
To view and work with camera groups, there are two views available: the Grid view (grouping the cameras
by any criteria in raster form) and the Graphics view (realistic arrangement of the cameras on a graphic background). For each camera group you have the option of defining the Grid view grid layout and
positioning the cameras on the background image (e.g., building plan) in the Graphics view as desired.
Note: If you have created a group and have not added any cameras yet, the application will show
the icon in the
Group and Device bar.
Setting the Layout for the Grid View
When you first open the Grid view after you have created a camera group, the cameras belonging to the group are displayed in the following grid layout by default:
- The aspect ratio of the camera images is 4:3.
- The Grid view is in auto grid mode. In auto grid mode, MxMC always tries to distribute the available space as well as possible according to the specified camera image format, the size of the focus window and the number of cameras. If you change the size of the window, the grid layout adapts automatically.
- The focus box displays the camera that is in the Device bar at the top of the group.
- The focus window size is twice as large as that of the camera images.
- To change the format of the camera images or the size of the focus window, open the edit mode by clicking on in the Command bar. The following sliders for adjusting the grid layout appear at the bottom of the bar:
- = Format of the camera images and the focus window (4:3, 16:9, 8:3)
- = Size of the focus window (1x, 2x, ..., 8x the size of the camera images)
- = Maximum number of cameras
- Move the sliders to the desired settings. To close the edit mode, click on .
See also: Editing The Grid View Layout
Configuring The Graph View Layout
When you open the Graphic view for the first time after creating a camera group, all the cameras in that group are listed at the right margin of the previously defined background image with a camera icon .
- To arrange the cameras according to their actual positions on the background image, open the edit mode by clicking on .
- To do so, move the mouse pointer over the camera icon. Two icons are shown.
- Click on and drag the camera icon to the desired location.
- Click on to save the changes.
See also: Editing The Graphic View Layout
Copyright © 2019 MOBOTIX AG. All rights reserved.